Wednesday 30 December 2015

Review of 2015!

Review of 2015!

What a year! I mean it, what a year! It’s flown by. 2016 is upon us already, and what a year that promises to be too...

Where to start? The election in Llanelli, new job in County School Holyhead, losing Taid not just my granddad but a great man and friend aged 93, Wales beating England at Twickers (HQ) to effectively knock them out ‘their’ World Cup, Wales qualifying for Euro 2016 or Holyhead Hotspur beating Bangor City 2-1 in the Welsh Cup...?

Llanelli – what a campaign! It was amazing. Pride, passion and commitment totally faultless. The result was obviously disappointing, to lose any votes is upsetting – as Helen Mary Jones said at the Plaid Conference in Aberystwyth – the result didn’t reflect the hard work and effort put in. There is however, reason to be hopeful. Llanelli now has the largest Plaid Ifanc movement in the whole of Wales – who would have imagined that the night I was selected. Although we lost votes we did welcome first time voters to our ranks too and brand new members to our party. To everyone I met during the campaign in whatever capacity - DIOLCH! I have made friends for life and know when I decide to run again I'll be able to count on their help and kindness.
 
Shortly after the election and while reflecting on what had happened I decided to look at eteach (website full of teching jobs), just a peek to see if any jobs had become available in north Wales, even Ynys Môn, even Holyhead! I almost fell off my chair when I saw a post for a teacher of Welsh being advertised at Ysgol Uwchradd Caergybi. During the election itself I was aware of the failing health of my Taid. It was difficult to put on a smile (whatever you think  of politicians you’re on public show 24/7, and that’s demanding). I often wondered how he was so when I saw the job in Holyhead I went for it, and go it!

Life though can be a BITCH (caps lock intended!). Shortly after getting the job Taid passed away, ironically I could have travelled to see him daily while back at home in Holyhead but it wasn’t to be – this was a crushing blow, no doubt whatsoever and I still struggle to accept he’s gone now – life eh!

In September I took up my position as full time teacher of Welsh – at my former secondary school. Teaching in the very same room where 20 years prior I sat as a pupil. I shall and indeed do miss my friends in Aberystwyth but it was time to come home.

Being back at home means more family time, and that’s worth the world to me! It also means I can watch Holyhead Hostspur on a very regualar basis!

Wishing everyone a very happy new year, many plans for 2016 – watch this space, I’ve got a few tricks up me sleeve, all will become clear...

2 comments:

  1. Blwyddyn llwyddiannus yn wir Vaughan. Da iawn ti. Diolch am dy ysbrydoliaeth lawr yn Llanelli, a chroeso yn ôl i'r Gogledd. Mi gawn ni gwrdd yn fuan, dwi'n siwr, wrth i'r ymgyrch yn Ynys Môn godi stîm, a finnau yn dychwelyd o Wlad y Basg i roi llaw i Rhun. Pob hwyl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diolch o galon am y geiriau ffeind. Edrych ymlaen yn fawr at dy gyfarfod yn fuan iawn. Pob dymuniad da.

      Delete